Monday 30 November 2009

Photo thoughts and Dwarfs

I noticed something quite odd while taking then uploading these pics. The general concensus among articles online about taking pics (atleast the ones I've read) says "two daylight bulbs no flash" (internet wisdom distilled:D). But and it is a big but, I take almost all my pics with the flash on aswell as my daylight bulb and I've not yet had any complaints about pic quality.

I generally find that the colours are closer and the highlights show up better doing it my way.

So a quick demo of what I'm on about:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
DAYLIGHT BULB ONLY (sorry about the blurriness, a little rushed)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
DAYLIGHT BULB AND FLASH

I think the second pic is a better representation of the painting than the first, it also removes the shadow that kind of dominates the first pic.

Anyway just a thought that occurred to me as I was typing this, let me know if you agree or disagree or want clearer versions of either.

----------------------------------------
As you probably guessed from my previous post this is a model for my current project, this being the first of three test models.
So the pic update I mentioned:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Any questions just ask. Any comments please leave them.

Short on time so you'll have to wait for the overview of the army.

Cheers
E

No comments:

Post a Comment