They won me the comp before Lemartes (in which I did have some competition).
Less talk, more pics:
Pretty pleased with the way they came out, especially since the majority of the painting was done about 5 years ago. The candles and the lanterns came out well for my first try (at least, I think so), they were what stopped me from calling the models done back when I first put paint on them.
Any recommendations for painting candles/lanterns in the future?
On a side note, I ended up picking the Dreadlord on cold one for the competition this month ( this saturday), the store has sold out of them and I haven't got one yet, so it'll be another rush job and I happen to know that there are at least two people already entering, so it will close this month.
Test model for the Spider riders is almost done, but having attempted to learn the new addition with the wee green monsters, I can confidently say I'll be damned lucky if I get above the bottom quarter at the GT in October, hopefully I'll get a nomination for best painted army, but I may just be clutching at straws due to the tiny amount of time I have to paint this horde.
Ah well, I never did say I wanted an easy life!
All C&C welcome, thanks for the comments so far and the following and I hope I haven't bored you too much.
Khorne Bloodstoker - The first of my Bloodstoker models. The second isn't going to be up any time soon, but I converted it to remove the silly jaw bits on his helmet, and repla...
3 days ago